Library Science course is the study of managing, maintaining and preserving records and information. Information of various types is sourced and classified for users with the help of record management preserved and disseminated with the help of technology.
1. Certificate Course in Library Science.
2. Diploma in Library Science.
3. Bachelor of Lib & Info Science (BLISc)
4. Bachelor of Library science (BLSc)
5. Masters in Lib & Info Science (BLISc)
6. Masters in Library science (BLSc)
10+2 (any stream) for Certificate & Diploma Courses
1. Jai Narain Vyas University
2. University Of Rajasthan, Rajasthan
3. Nalanda Open University, Patna, Bihar.
4. Medical Library Association of India (MLAI),
5. AIIMS, New Delhi offers a diploma course in Medical Librarianship.
6. Bachelor of Library & Information sciences
7. U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad, U.P.
8. Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, Maharashtra. Kota Open University, Kota, Rajasthan.
9. Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in
10. Dr.B.R. Am bed ka r Open University, Telangana
**Disclaimer: The list of courses and that of Institutes/Universities is in no way exhaustive. These lists are only illustrative and are expected to generate enough curiosity in the child to want to inquire/explore further on the scope, possibilities, avenues, etc. for each of these courses and/or for looking for other options/areas that go beyond these courses. It may also be noted that most of these courses are also offered by several private institutions/universities. The reader is expected to further research on this. Efforts will be made to update the content to the extent possible.