Applications are invited for the eligibility of Indian Nationals for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and for determining eligibility for appointment as Lecturer (LS) in the areas of Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences. The award of Junior Research Fellowship to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/ placement in a University/ National laboratory/ Institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/ BE/ B.Tech./ B.Pharma./ MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates;
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award (Such candidates will have to submit the attestation form duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared);
- B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/ enrolled for PhD/ Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years;
- Candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree shall not be eligible for Lectureship;
- Specification of degrees (whether Bachelor’s or Master’s) as notified by the UGC in its Gazette Notification No.F. 5-1/2013 (CPP-II) dated 5th July, 2014 and as amended from time to time, shall apply;
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC.
- PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Age Limit (As on 01/01/19):
28 years (No upper age limit for Lectureship (NET)).
Rs.1000/- for General candidates, Rs.500/- for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates and Rs.250/- for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply online only.
March 18, 2019
Date of Examination:
June 16, 2019
For more details, please visit: http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/Information_Bulletin_june2019.pdf
Apply Online: http://220.127.116.11:8080/new_jrf/