The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2019 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019.
No. of Posts: Approximately 90
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Age Limit (As on 01/08/19):
21 - 32 years
Rs.100/-. Female/ SC/ST/ PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee
Plan of Examination:
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening & selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Preliminary Examination: The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
Paper I: (200 marks)
Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II: (200 marks)
Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
For IFS Previous Paper: Click Here
Penalty for wrong answers:
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply online only.
- Closing date of online registration: March 18, 2019
- Date of examination: June 02, 2019