The university possesses an outstanding student to faculty ratio 1:18, which cannot be expected from public universities in the USA. This allows the university to pay personalized care and make seamless interaction of the student and faculty possible, according to Prof. Joseph Majdalani, Chair of Aerospace Engineering at the university.
“For us, personal and constant communication to each student is very important since most of our programmes are research oriented. We emphasis on hands-on learning and our student start real-time projects and publish papers since their undergraduate and postgraduate level itself”, he explained. Viraja Kollam, a first year master’s student of aerodynamics at the university corroborated his account. “I am going to publish my first paper soon. The kind of personalized care that you get at Auburn is significant. It wouldn’t have been possible without support of my teachers,” she said.
According to her Auburn is overwhelming place for an Indian student. The kind of facilities on offer, low study costs, hands-on learning, scholarship opportunities, warm climate and placement opportunities make Auburn University an ideal place for Indian students who mind their budget as well as look for great learning opportunity which will eventually place them in a good job position, she feels.
Auburn Global, the department which responsible for affairs of international students, is presently focusing on India thanks to successes of Indian student that they have received so far. Following are some of the important facts of the university, which would be of interest of prospective students. The contact details of the university India representatives are also provided at the end of the article.
Rankings & Distinctions
- Auburn University’s student-to-faculty ration 18:1 is one of the best in the USA.
- Auburn is one of the few American universities which have land-grant, space-grant and sea-grant, which the university was established with public funds and elected to become the part of consortia that carry out research in outer space and sea.
- Auburn ranked 4th on The Princeton Review’s list of “10 Colleges with the Best Quality of Life.”
- Bloomberg Business Week chose Auburn as “Best ROI” in the state of Alabama.
- According to U.S. News & World, Auburn University is among Top-50 public universities in the US for last 21 years.
- The American Institute for Economic Research ranked Auburn in the top-20 college towns.
- Auburn is one of the four universities designated by the United States National Security Agency as Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations.
- The university is home to country’s first and only bachelor degree in wireless engineering
- Auburn is house to second oldest aerospace engineering programme in the US.
Schools and Colleges
Following are the Schools and Colleges of the Auburn University which are offering hundreds of courses -
Samuel Ginn College of Engineering
College of Architecture
College of Architectural Design & Construction
School of Forestry & Wildlife Sciences
Raymond J. Harbert College of Business
College of Education
College of Human Sciences
College of Liberal Arts
School of Nursing
Harrison School of Pharmacy
College of Sciences and Mathematics
College of Veterinary Medicine
International students will have to pay US $ 27,384 as tuition fee per annum. About 60 % of students get some kind of scholarship or financial aid. However, they will be not sufficient to cover 100% costs.
Climate & Safety
The state of Alabama falls in south east of the US and doesn’t face harsh winters. The hospitable and warm weather which makes students feel at home. The university town is one of the safest in the US with responsive protection mechanisms in place. The university encouragement to outdoor sports ensures that the students spend time in healthy sports activities, according to Vijraja Kollam.
The university has a very good reputation in aerospace and engineering industries. Several present and past directors and Astronauts of NASA and who and who of aerospace are Auburn alumni. Generally students would land up in jobs and further study programmes after their studies at Auburn.
Placement scenario changes from person to person based on their capabilities and job market conditions. Sakshieducation.com doesn’t take any responsibility.
For more information
Prospective students may contact Auburn International Office In-charge Mr. Dominic for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Students Association at Auburn University is also an important source of information for interested students.
You can visit their website - wp.auburn.edu/isa/