The Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad in collaboration with Telangana University, Nizamabad invites applications from candidates below 35 years of age for admission into Ph.D Programme in Development Studies for the academic year 2018-19.
The Programme is offered in the following subjects:
- Sociology/Anthropology/Social Work
- Political Science/Public Administration
- Development Statistics (With Specialisation in Econometrics)
- Commerce & Business Management (Related to Research Areas of CESS)
The candidates who possess one of the following qualifications are eligible to apply [For more Details, see the Guidelines]:
Method of Selection:
- A Post-Graduate Degree with at least 55 percent marks or its equivalent Grade [50 percent marks for SC/ST/ Differently-Abled categories] in the concerned subject from any recognized university.
- An M.Phil Degree in the subject concerned from any recognized university.
- Candidates qualified in the National level tests in UGC-NET, for JRF, ICSSR Fellowship holders, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship holders, and State Level Eligibility Test (SLET).
- Candidates in UGC – FDP (Faculty Development Programme).
The admissions are based on an Entrance Test in one of the above subjects and Interview for eligible candidates.
For details related to the syllabus and model of the Test, see the Guidelines.
Short-listed candidates will be called for Interview. Final selection will be based on the overall performance in Entrance Test and the Interview.
The reservation policy of the Government of Telangana will be followed.
Number of seats:
15 (Fifteen only) in all the above six subjects put together.
Entrance Test and Interviews:
The Entrance Test will be conducted on Sunday, the 5th August 2018 from 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. at CESS. The interviews for short-listed candidates will be conducted at CESS on Saturday and Sunday, the 25th and 26th August 2018.
How to Apply:
Application forms can be obtained from CESS on payment of Rs. 200/- (Rupee two hundred only) either in Cash or Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Director CESS” in any nationalized bank from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM during working days (Monday to Saturday). Application forms and the guidelines can also be downloaded from the CESS website www.cess.ac.in. The filled in application forms along with necessary enclosures and the registration fee (Rs.800/- for applications directly obtained from CESS and Rs. 1,000/- in case of downloaded applications) by Cash or DD drawn in favour of “Director CESS” payable at Hyderabad should reach the Dean, Division of Graduate Studies, Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Begumpet, Hyderabad – 500 016
Last date for Submission of application forms:
Wednesday, 25 July 2018
Sunday, 05 August 2018
Saturday and Sunday, 25th and 26th August 2018
For more details, please visit: