National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) — 2017 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2017. The seats are classified in the following categories:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI's), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI's), Persons of Indian Origin (PTO's) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2017.
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2017 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR): Born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001
- For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category: Born on or between 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001
How to Apply:
- For General/OBC:Rs.1400/-
- For SC/ST/PH: Rs.750 /-
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board's website www.cbseneet.nic.in Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website.
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking/UPlor
- e-wallets of different service provider
- Schedule for on-line submission of application forms: 31.01.2017 (Tuesday) to 01.03.2017 (Wednesday) (Till 00.00 midnight)
- Last date for successful final transaction of fee: 01.03.2017 (Wednesday) (Till 00.00 mid night)
- Date of Test: 7 May, 2017 (Sunday)
Requirement of Aadhaar Number
For more details, please visit
- For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET-2017 in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
- For NRIs, Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI's), Persons of Indian Origin (PTO's), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
- At the time of filling application form of NEET— 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI's database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET- 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- Regarding requirement of AADHAAR a separate PUBLIC NOTICE is being published and also hosted on website. Candidates may follow the instructions liven therein.
For Previous Papers , please visit