Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, has announced National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)-II for admission to MBBS/ BDS programmes in India in Medical/ Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for the academic year 2016-17.
NEET-II is applicable for admissions to the following:
- All India quota seats.
- State Government quota seats where the State Government concerned so opts.
- Private/ Management/ NRI quota seats in all Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University.
How to Apply:
- He/ she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/ her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course and is an Indian national.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% all India quota seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes.
- Candidate must born on or between
(a) 01/01/87 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ ST/ OBC Category)
(b) 01/01/92 to 01/01/2000 (Other Category)
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K:
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are not eligible for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online self-declaration, which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling.
- The online self-declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET – II for admission to Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
- Eligibility for seats under the control of States/ Universities/ Institutions/ AFMC:
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course and is an Indian national.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission in Medical/ Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under seats in the control of participating States/ Universities/ Institutions shall be as per their rules and regulations.
- Candidates can apply through online by logging on to www.aipmt.nic.in/.
- Application fee: Rs.1400/- for General/ OBC and Rs.750/- for SC/ ST/ PH.
- Mode of payment of fee:
- Through any Debit/ Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility
- Through e-Challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s Bank Account maintained by Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank directly by downloading the e-Challan Form from the website of www.aipmt.nic.in. (For candidates deciding to pay fee through e-Challan, last date for submission of online application is 21stJune, 2016.)
- Net Banking
- e-wallet of Common Service Centre (CSC)
- An All India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the NEET and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/ BDS courses from the said list only by following the already existing reservation policy.
- CBSE will provide All India Rank. Admitting Authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank.
- Admission to MBBS/ BDS Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- The counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats is conducted by the MCC/ DGHS. The Counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/ Universities/ Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.