Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, has announced Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017) for admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2017 score shall be valid for a period of THREE YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results.
Features of GATE 2017:
Candidates with any of the following qualifications are eligible to appear in GATE
- The GATE 2017 examination shall be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- The XE paper now has a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). So, with this the number of sections in the XE paper has increased to eight (A-H).
For GATE study material, previous papers & guidance, visit: Click Here
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (BS) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/ AICTE as equivalent to BE/ B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- Examinations for all the papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
After the evaluation of the answers, the raw marks obtained by a candidate will be converted to a normalized GATE Score.
How to Apply:
- Candidates have to apply online only.
- Application Fee:
- For Women candidates: Rs.750/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD candidates: Rs.750/-
- For all other candidates: Rs. 1,500/-
- The application fee can be paid only either through net-banking or e-challan.
GATE 2017 Online Examination Dates:
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling and Application Submission: 1st September, 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: 4th October, 2016
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login: 16th November, 2016
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing: 5th January, 2017
- Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: 27th March, 2017
4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February, 2017 (On Saturdays and Sundays only).
For GATE 2017 Poster: http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/wp-content/uploads
For more details, please visit: http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/