The Preliminary exam is a screening test for selection of candidates for the Civil Services (Main) Examination and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
- The number of vacancies to be filled through the Civil Service examination is expected to be 1129.
- The number of vacancies to be filled through the Indian Forest Service examination is expected to be 110.
Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Age Limit: (As on 01/08/2014): 21-32 years
No. of Attempts:
General – Six
OBC – Nine
SC/ST - No limit
Note: The candidate who appeared in the Civil Service Exam, 2011 is permitted an additional attempt in the Civil Service Exam, 2015
Plan of Examination:
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examinations (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts.
|New Changes Adopted in the Prelims Exam:
New Changes Adopted in the Main Exam:
- The candidates to be qualified for Civil Service (Main) Exam based on the criterion of minimum qualifying marks of 33% in the General Studies Paper-II (CSAT) in the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and the total qualifying marks of General Studies Paper-I as may be determined by the UPSC.
- The English Language comprehension skill portion from General Studies Paper-II of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will continue to remain excluded.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the qualifying papers of English and Indian Language papers in the Main Exam is set at 25% marks.
How to apply:
The candidates are required to apply only through the online mode through the
Rs. 100/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ ate Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
For Civil Services Exam Guidance, Syllabus, Previous Papers with key, visit: Click Here
- Date of Notification: 23 May, 2015
- Last Date to Apply: 19 June, 2015
- Date of the Exam: 23 August, 2015
For more details, visit: www.upsc.gov.in
- GS Subject-wise Previous Questions with Key: Click Here
- Civil Services Prelims - Online Test Series: Click Here