In order to seed and experience the joy of innovation, every year two lakh school children in the age-group of 10 to 15 years i.e., 6th to 10th standards are being identified for the INSPIRE Award. Each INSPIRE Award envisions an investment of Rs.5,000/- per child. The scheme plans to reach at least two students per secondary school during the next five years.
INSPIRE Award component of the INSPIRE program shall have following guidelines for its implementation:
For more details Click here
- The Award for the students in the class of 6th to 10th Standards.
- No examination in the identification process. Names of the Students will be nominated by the Principal/Headmaster/Headmistress.
- One million awards in five years spread over to about 4.5 lakhs Middle & Secondary level schools in the country.
- Each student will get an amount of Rs 5000 for making a Project and transportation cost for displaying the exhibits/ project in the exhibition.
- There will exhibitions at the District Level, State Level, Regional level and National Level for displaying the best exhibit/project of each level. Separate budget provision will be made to District/ State for arranging the exhibition of projects of INSPIRE Awardees at District & State level.
- Award money will be released directly to the Awardees by an arrangement with SBI.
- The concerned State will provide the list of all Middle & Secondary level Schools including in Government/Government aided/Private etc.
- Names of one selected student each from Classes 6th , 7th & 8th in one Group and 9th & 10th in another Group of each School with an indication of preferred one name from each Group, viz. 6th -8th Std. and 9th -10th Std. will be provided by the Headmaster/Headmistress/Principal of each School through respective State Education departments.
- State Education Department will exercise their convenient method of selection of students from each school in the State. Both academic records of the student and exhibition/project done by the student would be preferred in the selection process.
- Criteria used by the State will be shared with DST. DST shall bear the cost of organizing the Exhibitions at the District & State Level and also make the necessary arrangements for engaging Scientists/Academicians as Jury in these Exhibitions.